NL-5612 CJ Eindhoven
Phone: +31 (0)40 296 99 11
training • events • business
The mission of Mikrocentrum:
As an independent knowledge institution Mikrocentrum wants to contribute to the improvement of technical an business processes of companies which are active as OEM or supplier in technical manufacturing and/or process industry in the Netherlands and Belgium. Mikrocentrum realises this by organising events in which a combination of knowledge transfer and knowledge networking is the focal point.
Our most important activities are:
- trainings: under the brands Mikrocentrum® (lower, intermediate and higher levels) and Engenia® (higher and academic levels)
- events: yearly about 50 smaller and larger events
- the High Tech Platform: 500+ participating companies assembled in a High Tech Company guide
Mikrocentrum has a large network in the industry, government and in scientific and educational institutions. On a yearly basis around 5.000 companies and 20.000 people take part in Mikrocentrum activities.
Organisation and location:
The Mikrocentrum team is formed by a staff of 40 people, 140 freelance expert teachers and 20 other freelance collaborators. Mikrocentrum started up in 1968 in Utrecht but has been residing since 1976 in Eindhoven. The head office is at the Kruisstraat 74, NL-5612 CJ in Eindhoven. There is a branch office at the Beta building on the High Tech Campus in Eindhoven. Our organisation is ISO 9001:2008 certified.
In view of the speed of technical and organisational changes it is very important for employees to keep their knowledge and skill levels up to date. Mikrocentrum has a wide variety of practically applicable courses which are offered under 2 brand names:
- Mikrocentrum® training: mostly intermediate and higher level courses
- Engenia® (since mid 2010): higher and academic level trainings
Yearly about 500 courses are organised based upon 200 different course titles. Trainees can individually register for the open trainings at locations in Eindhoven, Utrecht and Zwolle. Furthermore Mikrocentrum organises a large number of tailor made in-company trainings.
The trainings are conducted by a team of around 140 freelance expert teachers. Mikrocentrum and Engenia are CEDEO certified and are registered as an 'officially recognised training provider' by the Flemish government.
Events - meeting people
Mikrocentrum organises many events in which product and company presentations, lectures and business networking are the focal points.
The most important events are:
- trade fairs and conferences, 10 each year, mainly in technological areas
- thematic events (lecture days): about 30 each year, mostly organised at the Mikrocentrum location, sometimes at other, for the theme relevant, locations
- various meetings and conferences at the High Tech Campus in Eindhoven
- events organised on behalf of third parties, sometimes even without exposure of the fact that Mikrocentrum is the back office organiser.
We thrive to create a networking environment in which the latest technological developments and innovations are exchanged. Mikrocentrum is the administrator of 3 IPC’s, innovative research projects involving a total of 80 companies.
Yearly Mikrocentrum is in contact with about 5000 companies of which more than 500 are represented by the High Tech Platform. These 500+ companies and their products are presented in the High Tech Company guide, which has an annual edition of 6000 copies and is issued each September. Mikrocentrum often organises informal meetings exclusively for members of the High Tech Platform. These members also enjoy a discount on all other Mikrocentrum activities (trainings, events etc.).
Mikrocentrum is an independent foundation (Stichting Mikrocentrum Nederland) with a holding (Mikrocentrum Holding Ltd.) and an operating company (Mikrocentrum Activiteiten Ltd.). Daily operations are lead by the management team consisting of: Geert Hellings (Managing director), Jan van Moorsel (Deputy director, responsible for marketing en new business), Frank Bruls (Manager training dept.) and Jos Kampinga (Financial controller).